ACCU is looking for an experienced mortgage lending underwriter ready for a fresh opportunity? Are you a detailed, organized, focused, "out of the box thinker"?? If so, you may have just found the next step in your career!!! Arizona Central Credit Union is a community involved, family oriented credit union with a welcoming environment.
Summary of Job Functions and Responsibilities:
- Underwrite home equity loan files ensuring compliance with government-sponsored enterprises (GSE) and internal guidelines; evaluating credit worthiness and income analysis; evaluate documents for accuracy.
- Manage very tight deadlines on a daily basis while maintaining quality of loans with an understanding of industry standards and documentation requirements for loans sold to investors.
- Prioritize workload including RUSH’s, resubmissions, and newly submitted loan conditions to meet the required turnaround time.
- Analyze conditional approval submissions in a timely manner to determine if the underwriting conditions have been met. Review and sign off PTD (Prior to Documents) and PTF (Prior to Funding) conditions
- Ensures the file is in compliance with all applicable regulations prior to closing
- Examine loan documents for accuracy and completeness
- Assist underwriter with training and education of loan officers and processors in regards to changes to investor products and underwriting guidelines.
- Be knowledgeable of GSE guidelines.
- Assist in special project assignments requested by management
- Assist with closing and post-closing audits in a timely fashion
- Provide assistance to processors and originators, giving general guideline interpretations and answering questions on specific loan files
- Clearing final loan conditions and issuing final loan approvals with funding conditions
- Reviews declined loans and assure loans have received a 1st loan reviewReviews and analyzes residential appraisals prepared by appraisers to validate accuracy, reasonableness, appraisal methodology, compliance with industry standards, internal policies/procedures and regulatory requirements
- Maintains working knowledge HVCC appraisal requirements.
- Back up Mortgage Underwriter II as needed by underwriting first mortgage loans
- Comply with Bank Secrecy Act (BSA)/ Anti-Money laundering programs, USA Patriot Act and Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC) requirements.
Skills / Requirements
Experience: 3-5 years of similar or related experience, preferably in mortgage quality control underwriting, junior underwriting or underwriting. Preferred experience with property and credit GSE underwriting requirements.
Education: A two year college degree or completion of a specialized course of study at a business or trade school
Interpersonal Skill: A significant level of trust and diplomacy is required, in addition to normal courtesy and tact. Work involves extensive personal contact with others and/or can be of personal or sensitive nature. Work may involve motivating or influencing others.
- Must be very comfortable with all types of tax return analysis, Sch. C, S-Corp, K-1, 2106 Expenses.
- Excellent documentation, organizational and analytical skills
- Excellent written communication skills
- Strong working knowledge of FNMA/FHLMC/FHA guidelines and Desktop Underwriter (DU)
- General knowledge of insurance and mortgage insurance requirements
- Strong knowledge of state and federal lending regulations and compliance
- Strong decision making skills
- Able to maintain acceptable turn times in a fast paced environment
Positive, Team-Players Wanted! Arizona Central Credit Union conducts pre-employment background and credit checks, and we are a drug-free workplace. This credit union provides career opportunities, not just jobs!
Pay: from $25.77/hour
ACCU is proud to offer an excellent benefit package to full-time employees including; bonus programs, medical ( up to 85% employer paid), dental and vision insurance, HSA, flexible spending account (FSA), short and long term disability, 401(k) plan with up to 6% match, paid vacation, education reimbursement program, life insurance, employee assistance program, credit union membership, gym membership at corporate office, community involvement opportunities and much more!
Job Status: Full Time