Are you an experienced mortgage lending underwriter looking for a fresh opportunity? Are you a detailed, organized, focused, "out of the box thinker"?? If so, you may have just found the next step in your career!!! Arizona Central Credit Union is a community involved, family oriented credit union with a welcoming environment.
Summary of Job Functions and Responsibilities:
- Underwrite home equity loan files ensuring compliance with government-sponsored enterprises (GSE) and internal guidelines; evaluating credit worthiness and income analysis; evaluate documents for accuracy.
- Manage very tight deadlines on a daily basis while maintaining quality of loans with an understanding of industry standards and documentation requirements for loans sold to investors.
- Prioritize workload including RUSH’s, resubmissions, and newly submitted loan conditions to meet the required turnaround time.
- Analyze conditional approval submissions in a timely manner to determine if the underwriting conditions have been met. Review and sign off PTD (Prior to Documents) and PTF (Prior to Funding) conditions
- Ensures the file is in compliance with all applicable regulations prior to closing
- Examine loan documents for accuracy and completeness
- Assist underwriter with training and education of loan officers and processors in regards to changes to investor products and underwriting guidelines.
- Be knowledgeable of GSE guidelines.
- Assist in special project assignments requested by management
- Assist with closing and post-closing audits in a timely fashion
- Provide assistance to processors and originators, giving general guideline interpretations and answering questions on specific loan files
- Clearing final loan conditions and issuing final loan approvals with funding conditions
- Reviews declined loans and assure loans have received a 1st loan reviewReviews and analyzes residential appraisals prepared by appraisers to validate accuracy, reasonableness, appraisal methodology, compliance with industry standards, internal policies/procedures and regulatory requirements
- Maintains working knowledge HVCC appraisal requirements.
- Back up Mortgage Underwriter II as needed by underwriting first mortgage loans
- Comply with Bank Secrecy Act (BSA)/ Anti-Money laundering programs, USA Patriot Act and Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC) requirements.
Skills / Requirements
Experience: 3-5 years of similar or related experience, preferably in mortgage quality control underwriting, junior underwriting or underwriting. Preferred experience with property and credit GSE underwriting requirements.
Education: A two year college degree or completion of a specialized course of study at a business or trade school
Interpersonal Skill: A significant level of trust and diplomacy is required, in addition to normal courtesy and tact. Work involves extensive personal contact with others and/or can be of personal or sensitive nature. Work may involve motivating or influencing others.
- Must be very comfortable with all types of tax return analysis, Sch. C, S-Corp, K-1, 2106 Expenses.
- Excellent documentation, organizational and analytical skills
- Excellent written communication skills
- Strong working knowledge of FNMA/FHLMC/FHA guidelines and Desktop Underwriter (DU)
- General knowledge of insurance and mortgage insurance requirements
- Strong knowledge of state and federal lending regulations and compliance
- Strong decision making skills
- Able to maintain acceptable turn times in a fast paced environment
Positive, Team-Players Wanted! Arizona Central Credit Union conducts pre-employment background and credit checks, and we are a drug-free workplace. This credit union provides career opportunities, not just jobs!
Pay: from $25.77/hour
Pay Comments: ACCU is proud to offer an excellent full-time employee benefits package including; competitive health (up to 85% paid), dental & vision insurance, 401(k) plan with up to 3% match, paid holidays, vacation and sick leave, bonus programs, education reimbursement program, employee assistance program, flexible spending account, credit union membership, gym membership at corporate office, community involvement opportunities, and much more!
Job Status: Full Time