Mortgage Loan Originator (MLO) - Outbound Calling
ACCU is growing and looking an experienced mortgage originator. This is a new position for us and room for growth. Mortgage Loan Officers assist member’s needs by identifying the financial needs of our members and offering them mortgage solutions to improve their financial life. This position will generate mortgage sales through outbound calling. Arizona Central Credit Union is a community involved, family oriented credit union with a welcoming environment.
Summary of Job Functions and Responsibilities:
- Consult with members and potential members to identify their mortgage needs and offer a solution based on the credit unions mortgage products
- Originate and submit completed and compliant mortgage loan files for processing
- Provide assistance and follow-up support for all mortgage files through funding
- Provide a mortgage products point-of-contact role for a network of the credit union’s branches
- Maintain a superior working knowledge of all ACCU mortgage products
- Work independently and respond to inquiries within established timeframes
- Develop new referral sources for mortgage loans
- Manage the individual active pipeline and provide updates to management about prospective closings
- Adhere to all ACCU Mortgage Policies/Guidelines/Procedures
- Meet established mortgage origination goals including initiating leads and closing referrals at an acceptable rate
- Outbound calling of credit triggers, current book of business and realtor leads
- Attend training/meetings/seminars to stay updated with current mortgage and regulatory issues
- Maintain company vehicle and document accurate mileage usage when using vehicle for approved travel
- Maintain a professional appearance and demeanor in all business settings
- Comply with Bank Secrecy Act (BSA)/ Anti-Money laundering programs, USA Patriot Act and Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC) requirements.
Skills / Requirements
Experience: Three to five years of similar or related experience.
Education: A high school diploma or equivalent. Must be or become registered as an MLO and have a Nationwide Mortgage Licensing number. Must ensure professional standards are being met to maintain licensing.
Interpersonal Skills: Courtesy, tact, and diplomacy are essential elements of the job. Work involves extensive personal contact with others and/or can be of personal or sensitive nature. Work involves motivating or influencing others.
Other Skills: Demonstrated analytical, organizational, business development, and communication skills. Must be self-motivated and able to thrive working in a sales environment. Position requires thorough knowledge of multiple loan products including, but not limited to Conventional, FHA, VA loan programs.
Additional Requirements: This position is subject to SAFE Act Registration Requirements. Pursuant to the SAFE Act requirements, all loan officers engaged in residential loan mortgage originations (as defined by the SAFE Act) must register with the federal registry system and maintain a status in good standing under the SAFE Act requirements. If at any time the credit union determines that your position requires SAFE Act registration, you will be required to register and to submit to the required SAFE Act background check and registration process.
Positive, Team-Players Wanted! Arizona Central Credit Union conducts pre-employment background and credit checks, and we are a drug-free workplace. This credit union provides career opportunities, not just jobs!
Pay: from $21/hour
ACCU is proud to offer an excellent benefit package to full-time employees including; bonus programs, medical ( up to 85% employer paid), dental and vision insurance, HSA, flexible spending account (FSA), short and long term disability, 401(k) plan with up to 6% match, paid vacation, education reimbursement program, life insurance, employee assistance program, credit union membership, gym membership at corporate office, community involvement opportunities and much more!
Job Status: Full Time