Mortgage Home Equity Specialist
Arizona Central Credit Union is looking for an individual with mortgage experience to assist our mortgage department in building long term member relationships and by helping improve each member's financial life.
Summary of Job Functions and Responsibilities:
- Assist mortgage department and credit union in building home equity loan portfolio to meet credit union goals while originating, processing and pre-underwriting home equity loans
- Provide a home equity products point-of-contact role for a network of branches
- Consult with members and potential members regarding home equity products and take loan applications
- Identify member financial needs and offer a solution by cross-selling products and services that will meet those needs
- Maintain a superior working knowledge of all ACCU home equity products
- Disclose all home equity files timely and in accordance with all applicable regulations
- Ensure that all loan documentation is complete, accurate and complies with company and Agency requirements including calculating debt ratios, verifying income, reading credit reports, and entering liabilities in our systems.
- Perform review of credit, income, asset, and property documentation to submit an approvable package to underwriting
- Order and review for accuracy required documents such as appraisal, title, flood, hazard insurance, payoffs, etc.
- Maintain a working knowledge of secondary market, agency, company and internal underwriting guidelines
- Maintain weekly contact with the member and provide assistance and follow-up support throughout the loan process while obtaining any necessary documents and managing expectations with regards to outstanding items, turn times and closing dates.
- Ensure that all loan files meet all regulatory/RESPA requirements through all phases of the loan file.
- Inform member of terms and conditions of approved loans, lending policies, stipulations, collateral requirements and repayment terms.
- Coordinate HE loan closings between the member, Title Company and/or branches.
- Monitor HE pipeline and ensure loans are funded within 30 days of origination
- Conduct a final compliance review prior to submitting the HE loan to the closing department
Skills / Requirements
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Experience: 3 to 5 years of similar or related experience.
Interpersonal Skill: Courtesy, tact, and diplomacy are essential elements of the job. Work involves much contact with others inside and/or outside the organization for purposes of giving or obtaining information, building relationships, or soliciting information.
- Must have sound and consistent judgment and decision making abilities
- Maintain knowledge of credit union products and services
- Professional and polished telephone communication skills, excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Ability to be flexible, effectively multitask, juggle priorities, balance work flow
- Detail oriented, accurate and thorough, able to follow procedures consistently
- Able to learn quickly and retain information
- Excellent documentation, organizational and analytical skills
- Able to meet deadlines in a fast paced environment
Pay: from $20/hour
Pay Comments: ACCU is proud to offer an excellent benefit package to full-time employees including; bonus programs, medical (up to 85% of cost paid,) dental and vision insurance, HSA, flexible spending account, 401(k) plan with up to 6% match, paid vacation, education reimbursement program, life insurance, disability insurance, employee assistance program, credit union membership, community involvement opportunities and much more!
Job Status: Full Time