Mortgage Funding Specialist
Arizona Central Credit Union is looking for a positive, ambitious, detail oriented individual looking for a new opportunity in the mortgage industry. You have to start somewhere right? . The Funding Specialist must be able to perform duties independently with minimal supervision and will assist the Mortgage Lending Department by facilitating timely and smooth mortgage loan transactions.
Summary of Job Functions and Responsibilities:
- Knowledgeable of regulations, including but not limited to TRID; Able to apply that knowledge to each loan file to ensure the loan files pass all compliance tests
- Responsible for the final compliance and quality control check on all mortgage loan files to ensure all required disclosures are complete and accurate
- Responsible to accurately review and issue the post-closing Closing Disclosure
- Conduct a second review of XP loan set up for accuracy
- Review of all final signed loan documents from the title company to ensure execution, compliance and accuracy
- Review prior to funding conditions as well as analyze documents in file to determine if the UW conditions can be cleared
- Balance file with title and enter wire request
- Create funding packets
- Responsible for accurate HMDA data in LOS system
- Back up to the Closing Specialist
- Comply with Bank Secrecy Act (BSA)/ Anti-Money laundering programs, USA Patriot Act and Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC) requirements.
Skills / Requirements
Experience: 1-3 years of similar or related experience related to loan document drawing and funding, compliance and mortgage lending.
Education: A 2 year college degree or completion of a specialized course of study at a business or trade school.
Interpersonal Skills: Courtesy, tact, and diplomacy are essential elements of the job. Work involves much personal contact with others inside and/or outside the organization for purposes of giving and obtaining information, building relationships, or soliciting cooperation.
- Must be able to work independently of supervision, manage workload and meet deadlines.
- Must have sound and consistent judgment and decision making abilities.
- Maintain knowledge of credit union products and services.
- Professional and polished telephone communication skills, excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Ability to be flexible, effectively multitask, juggle priorities, balance work flow.
- Detail oriented, accurate and thorough, able to follow procedures consistently.
- Able to learn quickly and retain information.
- Must be proficient on computer and able to operate 10-key calculator.
- Excellent documentation, organizational and analytical skills.
- Able to meet deadlines in a fast paced environment.
Positive, Team-Players Wanted! Arizona Central Credit Union conducts pre-employment background and credit checks, and we are a drug-free workplace. This credit union provides career opportunities, not just jobs!
Pay: from $21/hour
Pay Comments: ACCU is proud to offer an excellent full-time employee benefits package including; competitive health (up to 85% paid), dental & vision insurance, 401(k) plan with up to 6% match, Short & Long Term Disability, paid holidays, vacation and sick leave, bonus programs, education reimbursement program, employee assistance program, flexible spending account, credit union membership, gym membership at corporate office, community involvement opportunities, and much more!
Job Status: Full Time