Mortgage Closing Specialist
Arizona Central Credit Union has an exciting opportunity for an experienced mortgage loan closer. We are seeking a positive, detail oriented individual to join our team! The Closing Specialist must be able to perform duties independently with minimal supervision. The Closing Specialist will assist the Mortgage Lending Department by facilitating timely and smooth mortgage loan transactions.
Summary of Job Functions and Responsibilities:
- Knowledgeable of regulations, including but not limited to TRID; Able to apply that knowledge to each loan file to ensure all loan files pass all compliance and quality control checks.
- Responsible for reviewing loan files and CD’s to ensure they are TRID compliant. Responsible for issuing initial, subsequent and final Closing Disclosures. Independently prepare and review all closing documentation to ensure all required documents and information are present and that the information contained in the documentation is in accordance with ACCU, regulatory, and investor requirements.
- Independently prepare and review WISH DPA closing documents.
- Responsible for generating accurate closing instructions to title companies.
- Review prior to document and prior to funding conditions as well as analyze documents in file to determine if the UW conditions can be cleared.
- Loan file set up on internal core system.
- Back up to the Funding Specialist.
- Comply with Bank Secrecy Act (BSA)/ Anti-Money laundering programs, USA Patriot Act and Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC) requirements.
Skills / Requirements
Experience: 3 – 5 years of similar or related experience related to loan document drawing and funding, compliance, and mortgage lending.
Education: Minimum 2 year college degree or completion of a specialized course of study at a business or trade school preferred
Interpersonal Skills: Courtesy, tact, and diplomacy are essential elements of the job. Work involves much contact with others inside and/or outside the organization for purposes of giving or obtaining information, building relationships, or soliciting information.
Other Skills: Must possess excellent communication skills with internal and external customers, and demonstrate excellent follow up. Must be proficient on computer with sound technical skills. Must be able to work under pressure and must have excellent attention to detail. Must be able to master multiple systems and programs.
Positive, Team-Players Wanted! Arizona Central Credit Union conducts pre-employment background checks, and we are a drug-free workplace. This credit union provides career opportunities, not just jobs!
Pay: from $22/hour
Pay Comments: ACCU is proud to offer an excellent full-time employee benefits package including; competitive health insurance (up to 85% paid), dental & vision insurance, 401(k) plan with up to 6% match, paid holidays, vacation and sick leave, bonus programs, education reimbursement program, employee assistance programs, credit union membership, community involvement opportunities, and much more!
Job Status: Full Time