Mortgage Closing Assistant
Arizona Central Credit Union is looking for a positive, ambitious, detail oriented individual looking for a new opportunity in the mortgage industry. You have to start somewhere right? . The Closing Assistant must be able to perform duties independently with minimal supervision and will assist the Mortgage Lending Department by facilitating timely and smooth mortgage loan transactions.
Summary of Job Functions and Responsibilities:
- Must be able to perform general reception duties including answering telephones for department, directing to the proper recipients, assisting callers if possible
- Stay up to date on mortgage department products, procedures and regulations
- Responsible for managing the appraisal desk including ordering, follow-up and revisions for appraisals.
- Review signed closing package for signatures and notary stamp
- Order initial MERS on all deliverable files
- Prepare and deliver loan files to ACCU correspondent lenders for purchase
- Preparing and mailing closing / post-closing correspondence
- Maintain LOS system up to date including categorizing all closing, post-closing and trailing documents and closing out the loan files properly.
- Processing live notes
- Maintain file room in an organized and efficient manner including closing out all loan files
- Review and process out loans from the Daily paid off loan report
- Responsible for accurate HMDA data in LOS system
- Responsible for preparing and submitting mortgage loan files for mortgage audits and/or exams and other departments use.
- Responsible for the mail for the department
- Assist with mortgage team as necessary
Skills / Requirements
Experience: 1-12 months of consumer or mortgage lending or similar or related experience
Education: A high school diploma or equivalent
Interpersonal Skills: Courtesy, tact, and diplomacy are essential elements of the job. Work involves much personal contact with others inside and/or outside the organization for purposes of giving and obtaining information, building relationships, or soliciting cooperation.
- Must be able to work independently of supervision, manage workload and meet deadlines.
- Must have sound and consistent judgment and decision making abilities.
- Maintain knowledge of credit union products and services.
- Professional and polished telephone communication skills, excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Ability to be flexible, effectively multitask, juggle priorities, balance work flow.
- Detail oriented, accurate and thorough, able to follow procedures consistently.
- Able to learn quickly and retain information.
- Must be proficient on computer and able to operate 10-key calculator.
- Excellent documentation, organizational and analytical skills.
- Able to meet deadlines in a fast paced environment.
Positive, Team-Players Wanted! Arizona Central Credit Union conducts pre-employment background and credit checks, and we are a drug-free workplace. This credit union provides career opportunities, not just jobs!
Pay: from $19.14/hour
Pay Comments: ACCU is proud to offer an excellent full-time employee benefits package including; competitive health (up to 85% paid), dental & vision insurance, 401(k) plan with up to 3% match, paid holidays, vacation and sick leave, bonus programs, education reimbursement program, employee assistance program, flexible spending account, credit union membership, gym membership at corporate office, community involvement opportunities, and much more!
Job Status: Full Time