Loan Servicing Specialist
All ACCU employees are expected to assist the Credit Union in fulfilling its vision; Financial Freedom. Simple Solutions. This is accomplished by providing outstanding service to both internal and external members. In addition, the position will be responsible for reviewing collateral protection documentation and reports, handling escrow accounts for mortgage loans, and assisting with perfecting liens on all collateralized loans.
Summary of Job Functions and Responsibilities:
- Ensure all loans have proper documentation of escrow accounts, disbursement dates
- Review incoming mail relating to lienholder/insurance coverage
- Work with and monitor various reports to ensure proper charges/refunds are being posted
- Maintain an awareness of mortgage servicing rules and regulations and inform management of any procedural changes/updates
- Maintain open communication with branch personnel and assist with CPI and escrow related (taxes and insurance) issues or questions
- Answer incoming calls from members and staff
- Assist with quoting title fees and issuing 90 day permits to members and/or loan personnel
- Process and/or monitor Guaranteed Asset Protection (GAP) and Mechanical Breakdown Protection (MBP) claims or cancellations
- Comply with Bank Secrecy Act (BSA)/ Anti-Money laundering programs, USA Patriot Act and Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC) requirements.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Experience: One to three years of similar or related experience.
Education: A two year college degree or completion of a specialized course of study at a business or trade school preferred
Interpersonal Skills: Courtesy, tact, and diplomacy are essential elements of the job. Work involves much personal contact with others inside and/or outside the organization, generally regarding routine matters for purposes of giving or obtaining information which may require some discussion.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must have excellent follow-up and follow-through skills.
- Must have excellent organizational skills.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced manner with accuracy and efficiency.
- Must be detailed oriented and have the ability to manage multiple tasks.
Pay: from $19/hour
ACCU is proud to offer an excellent benefit package to full-time employees including; bonus programs, medical (up to 85% of cost paid,) dental and vision insurance, HSA, flexible spending account, 401(k) plan with up to 6% match, paid vacation, education reimbursement program, life insurance, disability insurance, employee assistance program, credit union membership, community involvement opportunities and much more!
Job Status: Full Time