Indirect Lending Underwriter
Arizona Central Credit Union is looking for an experienced, detailed, organized indirect lending underwriter that desires to be an integral part of our Indirect Consumer Lending team. This position will be responsible to work closely with lending staff to make credit decisions based on credit union lending policy and funding.
Summary of Job Functions and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for reviewing, analyzing, and underwriting indirect loan applications including retail and third party referrals
- Expert underwriter: review credit applications, credit reports, calculate applicable ratios (i.e. Debt ratios, loan-to-value) evaluate borrower circumstances and determine loan decision based on policies and guidelines
- Analyze current financial position of member to determine the degree of risk involved in extending credit within policy or make a recommendation to credit committee
- Gather required information & documentation from dealer, member, or 3rd party partner and prepare loan for booking (Funding) by entering required data in systems
- Prepares and/or reviews all loan documents for completeness and accuracy and saves file into Nautilus system
- Follow set procedures when booking loans in the core system, disbursing loan proceeds, ensuring daily funded totals are in balance.
- Foster a positive productive role towards building relationships with dealers and other third parties, in person and on the phone
- Participate in quality control of loan files, verify accuracy of documentation, and assist funding with collecting pending conditional items as needed
- Perform tasks in an accurate and timely manner according to set standards
- Underwrite and be onsite as needed for special dealer events, possibly weekend events on occasion
- Make decision to approve, counter offer, or deny loan requests that are outside of credit union lending guidelines but within policy
- Establish the terms and conditions of an approved or counter offered loan request
- Underwrite other consumer loan applications for branches and consumer lending department as needed
- Authorizes release of collateral on existing loans, changes in loan terms, waivers of payments, due date change, etc.
- Thoroughly understand ACCU loan policies, procedures and guidelines and keep informed of current trends in consumer credit
- Audit, review, or prepare reports as delegated by Manager or VP of Lending
- Take escalated/supervisor calls
- Assist and acts as trainer to other department staff
- Assist loan Consumer Lending Department and credit union in building loan portfolio to meet credit union goals
- Comply with Bank Secrecy Act (BSA)/ Anti-Money laundering programs, USA Patriot Act and Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC) requirements
Skills / Requirements
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Experience: Three to five years of similar or related experience. (Indirect lending preferred)
Education: A two-year college degree or completion of a specialized course of study at a business or trade school completion of a specialized and extensive in-house training or apprenticeship program.
Interpersonal Skill: Courtesy, tact, and diplomacy are essential elements of the job. Work involves much personal contact with others inside and/or outside the organization for purposes of giving or obtaining information, building relationships, or soliciting cooperation.
Other Skills: Proven ability to make sound lending decisions and work under pressure is required. Must have sound and consistent judgment and decision making abilities. Must have strong analytical skills, the ability to work directly with dealers under required time demands and pressure. Must have thorough knowledge of all aspects of consumer lending, including auto lending practices common to dealerships. Must possess excellent communication skills. Must be proficient on computer and able to operate 10-key calculator.
Positive, Team-Players Wanted! Arizona Central Credit Union conducts pre-employment background and credit checks, and we are a drug-free and tobacco free workplace. This credit union provides career opportunities, not just jobs!
Pay: from $25.77/hour
Pay Comments: ACCU is proud to offer an excellent benefit package to full-time employees including; bonus programs, three medical plans to choose from (up to 85% paid), dental and vision insurance, HSA, flexible spending account, short/long term disability, 401(k) plan with up to 6% match, paid vacation, education reimbursement program, life insurance, employee assistance program, credit union membership, gym membership at corporate office, community involvement opportunities and much more!
Job Status: Full Time