Business Lending Operations Supervisor
All ACCU employees are expected to assist the Credit Union in fulfilling its vision; Financial Freedom. Simple Solutions. This is accomplished by providing outstanding service to both internal and external members. This position will perform a variety of duties associated with developing strategic business relationships with potential and existing business members, analyzing, underwriting, closing and managing business loans and system manager for ACCU deposit and loan document system.
Summary of Job Functions and Responsibilities:
- Manage daily deposit operations to ensure a positive experience for existing and potential business deposit members
- Supervise the execution of daily deposit tasks
- Develop and enforce sound policies, procedures and work flows to promote and maintain credit union deposit growth
- Collaborate with various ACCU departments and branches to develop best practices for a successful credit union deposit operations
- Maintain a working knowledge of business deposit functions and become the subject expert to assist ACCU departments: support services, call center and branches
- Develop and support a business deposit training program for ACCU staff
- Manage and maintain business deposit related documentation
- Manage and maintain internal and external business deposit systems
- Manage and monitor daily deposit activity reports generated from various department and ACCU systems
- Manage collection efforts of deposit portfolio.
- Assist with development and execution of a strategic business plan that meets or exceeds business deposit sales goals
- Maintain a competitive deposit pricing and products for existing and potential business deposit members.
- Delegate tasks to members of the operation team
- Manage and maintain the loan documentation system
- Provide direct support to the loan production staff as needed, including developing a working knowledge of financial spreading and assist in the collection of loans.
- Responsible for creating loan participation agreements and/or certificates within the document system.
- Responsible for ensuring all documents are executed properly within regulated timeframes and that the collateral documents are in compliance with policy and regulation
- Responsible for funding and boarding all loan types including participated or guaranteed loans after closing is completed, duties include: A) Review of the Boarding Data to ensure all required information has been provided. B) Verification of the member record. C) Creation of any tracking and collateral records that may be necessary to manage terms and conditions of loan covenants. D) Assemble documentation package for member, agency or institution on loans that are portfolio, participated and/or guaranteed.
- Responsible for processing fees and crediting appropriate general ledger accounts, shares and/or paying third party vendors for collateral perfection and/or services related to the documentation of the loan.
- Maintain and follow up on pending files to ensure all documents have been obtained from agencies and members and all collateral has been filed and perfected to secure the credit union’s interest.
- Maintain and audit loan files and imaging. Ensure complete and accurate imaged files are maintained for presentation for internal and external audits.
Relationship Management Duties – Deposit, Loans and Administration
- Interview prospective members and request necessary information to process deposit and loan requests.
- Manage and perform the opening process of business accounts and related products associated with the members
- Assist members with inquiries regarding information requests and resolve issues related to BFS department products and services.
- Manage loan service related tasks from pre to post booking to include processing loan payments, payoffs, principal and/or interest adjustments, loan advances and verifications when necessary.
- Manage and execute department forms and letters while ensuring they are update according to ACCU, State and Federal standards.
- Responsible for completing due diligence of department vendors
- Ensure rate changes are conducted when applicable
- Perform tickler maintenance changes for collateral, financial, tax returns, insurance, UCC searches, UCC Continuation, contracts, recorded deed of trust documents, final title policies, loan covenants and ensuring additions, modifications, and deletions are properly recorded.
- Assist BFS team with projects that improve, enhance and/or strengthen department functions
- Promote and cross-sell other products and services as appropriate
- Work independently to ensure that all assigned duties are completed in a timely manner
- Willingness and ability to adapt to changing department needs and deadlines
- Maintain a high degree of technical, policy and procedural understanding with respect to business and commercial lending functions
- Contribute to the achievement of both the department and Credit Union goals and budgets.
- Must be able to appropriately handle job stress, to work under pressure, and maintain a strong working relationship with co-workers
- Support management decisions and goals in a positive, professional manner.
- Ability to take initiative, assume responsibility, and prioritize tasks, good-time management, organizational, problem-prevention and problem-solving skills
- Comply with Bank Secrecy Act (BSA)/ Anti-Money laundering programs, USA Patriot Act and Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC) requirements
Knowledge Skills and Abilities:
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Business Administration or related field preferred.
Experience: Three to five years of experience in commercial lending, including financial statement analysis, preparing loan presentations and documenting loans.
Interpersonal Skills: Courtesy, tact, and diplomacy are essential elements of the job. Work involves personal contact with others, generally regarding routine matters of a personal or sensitive nature. Work may involve motivating or influencing others.
Other Skills: Individual must possess sound analytical skills for the spreading and evaluation of financial data. Excellent oral and written communication skills as well as interpersonal skills are required. Must be knowledgeable in commercial real estate and C&I lending. Sound organizational skills are required to ensure credit union quality of service. Position requires thorough knowledge of email/internet software, Word and Excel.
Pay: from $70,000/year
ACCU is proud to offer an excellent benefit package to full-time employees including; bonus programs, medical (up to 85% of cost paid,) dental and vision insurance, HSA, flexible spending account, 401(k) plan with up to 6% match, paid vacation, education reimbursement program, life insurance, disability insurance, employee assistance program, credit union membership, community involvement opportunities and much more!
Job Status: Full Time