Business Lending Director
Arizona Central Credit Union has a management position available in Business Lending. This is a great opportunity for an experienced business lending professional with a minimum of five years experience in managing business lending portfolios, managing commercial real estate portfolios and in employee management.
If you are looking for a challenging and rewarding career opportunity, check us out!
Schedule: Monday-Friday NO WEEKENDS!!!
Summary of Job Functions and Responsibilities:
- Oversight of business loan administration function (i.e. underwriting and portfolio management)
- Prepare and/or oversee preparation of Business Lending reporting to Senior Management and the Board
- Schedule, train and evaluate work flow of Business Lending employees
- Develops, proposes, gains acceptance for and implements Business Lending program policy and strategy; leads activity related to new product development with respect to Business Lending programs
- Organize, execute and oversee networking efforts of business lending staff
- Underwrite new loans and administer existing loans and the MBL relationship base
- Ensure conformity of loans with terms, credit union policy and regulatory guidelines
- Provide guidance on business lending policies and procedures to help ensure adherence
- Ensures the Credit Union is in compliance with all lending regulations
- Develops procedural changes as compliance requires or new programs demand
- Facilitate recommendations to Business Loan Committee
- Assists Commercial Loan officers with complicated accounts, and guides new team members on credit policy and complex financing arrangements
- Promote new services to current members and retain existing business by personal contacts
- Contacts major commercial accounts to foster new relationships and potential members
- Keep management informed regarding key operational and potential Risk issues affecting the department
- Portfolio management including contacting members regarding negative account conditions and/or delinquencies
- Represent the credit union in business development efforts, as well as civic functions
- Comply with Bank Secrecy Act (BSA)/ Anti-Money laundering programs, USA Patriot Act and Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC) requirements
Skills / Requirements
Experience: Five to eight years of member business lending portfolio review, underwriting and/or management, including managing a commercial real estate portfolio. Minimum of three years of supervisory experience.
Education: Equivalent to a college degree in a relevant field.
Interpersonal Skills: A significant level of trust and diplomacy is required, in addition to normal courtesy and tact. Work involves extensive personal contact with others and is usually of a personal or sensitive nature. Work may involve motivating, influencing or training others. Outside contacts become important and fostering sound relationships with other entities becomes necessary and often requires the ability to influence and/or sell ideas or services to others.
Other Skills: Must have extensive knowledge of credit union services. Must have excellent communication skills, including written, verbal, and public speaking. Must possess sales skills and be self-motivated.
Positive, Team-Players Wanted! Arizona Central Credit Union conducts pre-employment background and credit checks, and we are a drug-free workplace. This credit union provides career opportunities, not just jobs!
Job Status: Full Time